What You Need
In order to vote in Travis County, you will need to bring ONE (1) of the following documents to your polling place:
- TX Driver’s License issued by DPS
- TX Personal ID card issued by DPS
- TX concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- US military ID card showing your photo
- US Certificate of Citizenship or US Certificate of Naturalization showing your photo
- US passport book or card
- Election ID Certiﬁcate (EIC) issued by DPS
A few important things to remember:
- All documents except the citizenship certificate must be no more than 60 days expired when presented at the polls.
- People with disabilities can apply for an exemption to this requirement. To apply, contact the Travis County Voter Registration Division at:
Bruce Elfant, Travis County Tax
PO Box 149327, Austin TX 78714-9327
5501 Airport Blvd., Austin TX 78751-1410
- Your name on your ID must exactly match your name on the registered voters list. If it does not, but is “substantially similar,” you will be allowed to vote after initialing a column on the sign-in sheet at the polls. If it is not “substantially similar,” you will be allowed to vote provisionally. Check if your name matches by pulling up your voter information at www.votetravis.com.
- You can update your voter registration online by clicking here.
Still not sure you have what you need? Contact us via email at: